librarians, libraries, library, Library and Information Science, library spotlight program, local library, OCLC, Online Computer Library Center, outreach, ProQuest, publicity, publicizie, spotlight, WorldCat
Sometimes libraries need a little help getting noticed. Especially when there are many, shall we say, ‘competing’ libraries within a small radius. How do you get noticed? Great public or community outreach programs are certainly helpful. But if people don’t know at which local library these events are, it doesn’t do much. Check out OCLC‘s Library Spotlight Program below.
- OCLC WorldCat Live: A New (and Very Cool) Experimental Resource From OCLC Research (infodocket.com)
- Skip Prichard Named to Succeed Jay Jordan at OCLC (personanondata.blogspot.com)
- OCLC WorldCat Knowledge Base Supports Demand Driven Acquisition (thedigitalshift.com)
- Cynthia Parkhill posted a blog post (library20.com)
- artlibraries.net Art Libraries in WorldCat (slideshare.net)
- Canadian Libraries (talesfromanopenbook.wordpress.com)