Within each of us lies a glistening pearl. It is one’s Essence. The True Self. That part which shines forth when the best foot is put forward. One may not even recognize that the pearl has begun to shine, so intent is s/he on “just making it the best I can” through this life.
Then one day something profound, exceptional, and immensely gratifying is said about you. It is amazing because it seems as though it should have been said about someone else. It nearly brings you to tears because you know that the speaker of those words bore witness to your very Soul. That to which you hold closest and dear, and perhaps even have so deeply hidden you yourself have forgotten about – yes, that pearl – has been glimpsed.
And now you can no longer clam up within that shell… now that someone outside of your immediate family has not only borne witness to your authentic self, but pointed out that glistening pearl to your self to own up to – now it is up to you to believe that you really are amazing and wonderful in your True Essence. You knew it was true when you heard their words speak to your Soul. Your Spirit. Choose your term. You could feel it. Grab that feeling, as though it were the tail of a kite, and fly!
I leave you with two famous quotes:
- Happiness is when you think, what you say, and what you do are all in harmony – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne
© Christina D. George and The Treasure Trove, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Christina D. George and The Treasure Trove with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- A Pioneer of the American Freshwater Pearl: James Peach, Sunday April 14th from 7pm to 9 pm (pearlsociety.typepad.com)
- Stone me! Seafood lover buys oyster to cure hangover and finds PEARL inside (mirror.co.uk)
- You: Pearl your beauty: pearl production in Zhuji (english.people.com.cn)
- Burmese Pearl Fetch High Prices in Hong Kong (irrawaddy.org)