Having had 3 Kidney transplants, my radar is always out for anything related or quasi-related. Happened upon this and the recommendations seem pretty safe, according to whom you ask!
Now, keep in mind, xplt recipients who are taking cyclosporine probably are still not allowed to eat cranberries, so talk to your doctor first. I know I wasn’t permitted to when I was on that particular medicine. And for some time afterward I still wasn’t, because cranberries were up for debate on whether or not they were/are harmful to kidneys.
You now how it goes: one day say, coffee, is good for you and the next day it’s your worst enemy. So once again my famous disclaimer. You – or your doctor – are your own best doctor! Your decision is your own. I’m only sharing information. Cheers!
- Former South Hanover Twp. fire chief receives kidney donation from fellow firefighter (pennlive.com)
- Two true inspirations… (hellokidnee.wordpress.com)
- Kidney Transplant Chain Gives 2nd Chance to Five Patients (ktla.com)
- Why Iced Tea is Killing Your Kidneys (belmarrahealth.com)
- African Americans Wait Longer for Kidney Transplants (fox4kc.com)
- Sussex County woman anxiously awaits a kidney transplant (nj.com)
- Her Valentine’s Day gift to husband: Her kidney (celebrate.today.com)
- Kidney Stone (babyzone.com)