I chose the title The Treasure Trove for a number of reasons. I believe that life is a journey upon which one traverses many paths, wherein we embrace joy and somehow endure even the deepest of pain (most times); all the while, hopefully, remembering to treasure oneself (as is my mother’s motto).
In the midst of it all, we must also attempt to treat others as they want/need to be treated. Just as parents might treat their children differently from one another according to their temperament. (So this means that I do not necessarily follow The Golden Rule!)
As with any treasure – think of a treasure chest – The Treasure Trove expects that the reader will find a piece of gold or a gem to pocket here and there. I (or we as the case may turn out to be) may be seen at times to be meandering along an unseen path, and that is okay.
And it is with these thoughts that the words of Tolkien come to mind:
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
I have always enjoyed discovering and learning new things, whether it be by immersing myself in a book, a culture, or a classroom. I enjoy archives, libraries, museums, and have a heart for community outreach and organ donation.very interested in home schooling, as my son is now a toddler and I want to ensure his inquiring mind is soaking up everything that he is hoping it will!
Expect to find articles by me, re-blogs, links, posts, pictures, and guest blogs about these topics and more. I also have links to blogs I like on the left-hand side of the home-page.
*Please note that I do not take responsibility for any of the websites, organizations or information found in regards to the resources to which I provide links and am not responsible for outside parties. I am only offering resources and information that I have found in hopes of it being valuable, pertinent, or at the very least, entertaining information to my readers. If it ends up being useless, incorrect, there is no longer a valid link, or if there are any other issues, please contact the webmaster for that particular site or organization directly, as s/he is the responsible party. Thank you. I am sure they are doing their best, as am I.
- “1. History It’s no secret that Italy is a treasure trove for history lovers, so if you can’t get…” (oliverspostcard.wordpress.com)
- “Gold treasure trove unearthed at base of Temple Mount” (oldthingsrnew.wordpress.com)
- Welsh Government Presumes Consent for Organ Donation Starting 2015 (hofstrabioethics.wordpress.com)
- Organ & Tissue Donation (kitchendove.wordpress.com)
- Man buries car in backyard to promote organ donation (mervsheppard.blogspot.com)
- ‘Family refusal’ biggest obstacle to organ donation (itv.com)
- GMO’s & Organic for the confused (villyval.wordpress.com)
- GMO’s: Safe or Deadly? Can you trust Monsanto? (ezarafsanjani.wordpress.com)
- GMO Labeling Efforts Move Forward in New York State (gmofreenewyork.wordpress.com)
- Why I Just Say No To GMOs: A Cardiologist Explains (mindbodygreen.com)